--- If you find that a link is expired, please click the down arrow on the post's voting box. The voting box is only to indicate whether a post is active or inactive.
--- ATTENTION 3L's and Recent Graduates -- Grads.LawStudentJobs.net will be back shortly with full-time listings beyond law school available immediately and next Fall.
--- Check out the 'Government Internship Directory', under the Links/Resources tab(yes, we know, it needs updating, which will hopefully happen shortly).
--- Features: a) Check out the Search feature. Allows you to search for multiple tags, keywords, and categories at once. b) Expiration dates are listed at the beginning of posts when that information is available from the original job listings.
International Medical Group is looking for an intern to join our legal department. The Legal Department examines and reviews all legal matters for the company. During the internship, you will assist the Department in numerous capacities, including reviewing existing and prospective contracts, license and registrations, examine fraud claims, observe litigation proceedings and perform general office duties.
You will also collaborate with other departments within the company to complete a wide array of projects including documentation review and maintaining legal compliances.
Birchbox’s top-notch legal team is seeking an intern who has completed at least one year of law school to join us for the fall. This is a fantastic opportunity to get insight into the daily operations of being an in-house lawyer at an exciting venture backed startup.
- Conduct legal research on corporate governance, international, advertising/marketing, regulatory and general commercial law matters as needed
- Assist in the drafting of a variety of commercial agreements, including vendor, consulting, marketing, facilities and other contracts
- Assist in drafting sweepstakes and contest rules and promotional terms and conditions
- Assist with intellectual property matters
- Review commercial agreements
- THIS IS A PART-TIME INTERNSHIP, MAXIMUM OF 20 HOURS PER WEEK.
The Center for Infectious Disease Research seeks a Legal Intern to work closely with the Center’s Legal Department. Areas of the law to which the Intern may be exposed include: intellectual property law (primarily patent law); contract law/drafting; employment law; health law/regulations; biomedical research regulations; information technology law; international law; export law; real estate law; and non-profit law. The Legal Intern will gain invaluable real-world legal experience by assuming responsibility, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and working with internal business clients. A commitment to working 9-18 hours/week during the school year, as well as to working throughout at least one full academic quarter or semester, is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to the legal department on projects as needed
- Draft and review a wide variety of contracts, including: material transfer agreements, research collaboration agreements, service agreements, purchase agreements, employment agreements, lease agreements, and license agreements.
- Help to expand and update the Center’s agreement templates and agreement maintenance system.
- Help to develop and revise Center policies, providing both legal research and drafting assistance.
- Research non-profit corporate governance matters, including statutory and regulatory developments.
Rodale is currently accepting resumes for a legal intern. This paid opportunity is open to current law students and individuals who are within two years post-graduation and actively pursuing a career in a field directly related to our industry. The ideal candidate will have a strong academic record, previous internship experience and an interest in the chosen area of the business. This internship position is based in the company’s New York, NY location and will run from approximately September–January 2016.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist in the drafting legal agreements for Rodale’s magazines and book division (e.g., book author agreements, work-for-hire contracts, contract amendments, termination notices, etc.)
- Assist with contract administration, including tracking and filing.
- Special projects as assigned (e.g., researching agreements and caselaw).
The role of the CIB Compliance Americas Group (“CIB Compliance”) is to ensure that the firm and its employees conduct business in accordance with federal and state laws and rules and regulations, including the rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission, The Federal Reserve Bank, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, FINRA, and other governmental agencies, self-regulatory organizations and internal policies and industry best practices.
CIB Compliance is seeking to hire a full time 1 year intern. The Intern will work on various aspects of core and advisory compliance, including but not limited to compliance coverage of certain businesses with respect to registrations, information barriers and conflicts, various regulatory initiatives, policies and procedures, regulatory inquiries and audits, the compliance risk assessment and other matters as required.
- Handle regulatory registration processes, including but not limited to scheduling Series examinations, completing FINRA applications, ordering employee studying materials, managing fingerprinting process, and handling regulatory disclosures as necessary. Participate as necessary in the maintenance of the NFA Swap Dealer license.
- Assist in development of training materials and rollout of training courses across all businesses.
- Track and log employee trainings.
- Understand the relevant systems and how to document issues appropriately.
With sales of €33.3 billion in 2013, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently has approximately 178,000 employees in 49 countries.
Our intern position in the Law Department offers a law student hands on practical experience in the area of commercial contracts and transactional practice. Additionally, Continental’s summer law intern position provides an opportunity for a J.D. candidate to gain exposure to the automotive and supplier market law, as well as a full range of more general corporate matters, from the perspective of inhouse counsel.
The law intern will work in Continental’s legal department, assisting Continental’s commercial legal group in work and projects. The commercial team manages all commercial transactions, terms and conditions and marketing support for Continental’s automotive, tire and Contitech divisions. The intern will also have the opportunity to sit in on deal discussions and client meetings while assisting various lawyers and being provided with the opportunity to gain substantive legal experience. The internship will last 3-6 months.
ChangeLab Solutions seeks Legal Interns for the summer of 2016. The position is open to current second-year law students who are able to work at least 35 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks. (There may be an opportunity to extend summer work into the school year.)
ChangeLab Solutions creates innovative laws and policies to ensure everyday health for all, whether that’s providing access to affordable, healthy food and beverages, creating safe opportunities for physical activity, or ensuring the freedom to enjoy smoke free air and clean water. Our solutions address all aspects of a just, vital and thriving community, like food, housing, child care, schools, transportation, public safety, jobs, and the environment.
The Department of Justice has a diverse and talented workforce of over 100,000 men and women. The Department of Justice leads the Nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. If selected, you will be part of a dedicated team helping to enforce Federal criminal and civil laws that protect life, liberty and the property of citizens.
The Middle District of Florida is seeking outstanding candidates for a Spring Legal Internship to assist in our mission. The internship will begin in the Spring of 2016. The start and end dates are negotiable. We ask that our interns commit to at least 8 weeks of service.
Assignments include, but are not limited to, drafting responsive motions, dispositive motions, memorandum of law, and appellate briefs. The interns become familiar with the Federal rules of Civil and Criminal procedure, the Federal Rules of Evidence, the local rules of practice for the Middle District of Florida District Court, and the local and Federal rules of Appellate Procedure. In addition, interns may attend dispositions, meetings with Agents and accompany attorney’s to observe court proceedings.
The Legal Intern will be responsible for providing support to the Legal Department with certain contract review and contract analysis functions. The Legal Intern will also assist with integration of contracts from recent acquisitions and contract management. The Legal Intern will work closely with Senior Counsel and will be trained and supervised by the Senior Counsel and other Legal Department members.
- Reviewing and revising (as necessary) various business agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other legal documents
- Drafting routine agreements and other legal documents
- Researching specific legal issues and providing contract analysis
- Interacting with members of the Legal Department and management team to discuss and resolve legal concerns
- Assist with contract management and the integration of contracts from recent acquisitions
- Assist on administration matters as needed within the legal department
McLane is a $46 billion dollar supply chain services leader, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores, and chain restaurants throughout the United States.
Assist with entry level legal tasks typical in a corporate legal department. Perform assigned job duties to acquire knowledge of corporate law and general legal practice necessary for a successful law career.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Analyze and review complex business and legal documents under attorney supervision.
- Conduct research of legal issues regarding various legal disciplines.
- Research and respond to subpoenas and other legal requests for information.
- Assist with the drafting of legal contracts and memorandums.
LawStudentJobs.net was created to help out law students looking for internships and jobs for the summer and during the school year. Run by recent law school graduates, we know exactly how hard it is to find positions, especially in these tough economic times when positions that used to be there are no longer available.
"When I applied to positions through my law school’s career services website, and when I applied to positions directly on my own, out of maybe 300 applications, I had received about 5 interviews. That’s a horrible ratio. When I applied to two reputable companies through lawstudentjobs.net, within 2 days, I received 2 phone calls for interviews. A week later, I started my new job." -- "The Sherwinator", What's Good Blog